Do you need a smart thermostat? Adding one to your smart home setup will certainly make your home more comfortable and streamline your climate control. Better yet, since the thermostat can easily be incorporated into your existing home network, you won’t have to worry about juggling another electronic system.
Today, there are smart thermostats with WiFi-enabled features to help automate home temperatures. You can adjust the temperatures from your smartphone at your convenience. Let’s take a closer look at smart thermostats and how they can be integrated into your home system.
Pros & Cons of Smart Thermostats
A smart thermostat allows you to set automatic and programmable temperatures based on your daily schedules. Several pros and cons of these thermostats include:
- You can effortlessly adjust temperatures from your sofa using your smartphone. Some smart thermostats even have voice assistants, such as Alexa and Google Assistant, to make your work even easier.
- Once pre-set, it can automatically adjust temperatures based on the current weather and changing seasons. This ensures your energy consumption and power bill stay reasonable.
- A smart thermostat will notify you of any problems in your HVAC system. You can also check the last time the thermostat performed a maintenance check and receive alerts via text or email.
- Your existing HVAC system may not be compatible with the smart thermostat, so more equipment may be required.
- Smart thermostats tend to cost more than their conventional counterparts.
Pro Tip: With a smart thermostat, you can get a high-level overview of your recent energy usage through email. You can schedule daily temperature adjustments through a smartphone app or web portal.
Using Your Smart Thermostat
Before buying a smart thermostat, make sure that your home’s electrical and HVAC systems are compatible with it. You also need a smartphone/tablet and reliable Wi-Fi connection for complete functionality. After installing the smart thermostat, create a schedule that ensures you’ll enjoy comfortable temperatures at all hours of the day. Find and schedule your ideal temperatures for when you wake up, leave the house, return home, or go to bed. The thermostat will automatically adjust your home’s climate to match your schedule.
Automate Your Home’s Temperature
A smart thermostat offers an excellent, convenient way to keep your home at a pleasant temperature without increasing your energy bill. Give it a try and see the difference for yourself!
Contact us to learn more about the benefits of a smart thermostat.